Fun Things to do in San Diego County
San Diego county is one of the happiest places on earth, and not just because of its proximity to Disneyland.
It’s the beautiful beaches, rolling foothills, and some of the friendliest people on the planet that make this a prime vacation destination (for those that aren’t lucky enough to live here!) So, if you’re wondering what to do while on vacation here, or how to spend your upcoming day off, we’ve got a list of ideas for you!
So, if you’re wondering what to do while on vacation here, or how to spend your upcoming day off, we’ve got a list of ideas for you!
- Whaley House Museum: Listed as #65 on the State Historic Landmark register, Whaley House is famous for being the first two-story brick building in San Diego… but it has also been called the most haunted home in America. Even if you don’t believe in spooks, this home is of great historical significance, and the architecture alone is worth the visit!
- Chula Vista Elite Athlete Training Center: A piece of modern-day history, the training center was previously the U.S. Olympic Training Center. Offering daily self-guided tours or guided tours on Saturdays. See where the best of the best train!
Experience the Arts:
- Spreckles Organ Society: Visit the second largest outdoor organ in the world, and experience a free outdoor concert. The organ was gifted to San Diego in 1915, and through careful maintenance and restoration is still playing 100 years later. It is truly a sight to behold.
- Museum of Contemporary Art San Diego: Get half priced admission by taking public transportation or riding a bike! MCASD features location specific installations, and spacious exhibition spaces. Experience the very finest art in the downtown location.
- Torrey Pines State Natural Reserve: Visit the nation’s rarest pine tree, which is only found on Santa Rosa island. With trails in abundance, sweeping ocean views, and access to Torrey Pines State Beach, there’s something for every member of the family. Be sure to bring your own water though, you won’t find any available in the nature reserve!
- 59 Mile Scenic Drive: While it might be a little difficult to make yourself “a part” of nature, taking this drive will definitely give you a view of all the natural scenic beauty that San Diego County has to offer. Starting at the bay, you’ll catch amazing views of all the vessels on the water. You will wind through neighborhoods, visit historical sites, mountains, beaches, and even catch a glimpse of Mexico. Take in the whole drive in about 3 hours (maybe even more if you stop to explore!)
- San Diego County has multiple escape room adventures to choose from. Whats an escape room, you say? It’s a fun family friendly adventure where you and your team are “locked” in a room where you must work together to solve puzzles and escape the room in under 60 minutes! Do you think you can successfully escape?? Try your skills at our Escondido Escape Room! We’re called Clue Avenue Escape Rooms and we’re located on Grand Avenue. Hope to see you soon! ClueAvenue.com